Thursday, April 26

We're no strangers...

Aminders recent story reminded me of what happened to me a while ago at the Bathurst subway station. I was getting my metro pass, all chill, getting ready to enter the subway like any other regular person.


When a wild, tiny old lady appeared and pushed me aside.



Now, I have nothing against the elderly getting their way. I was slightly surprised, a little shocked and startled but no hard feelings and yet...for some reason when she turned and gave me a glare.


I didn't look away.


So she scampered.


But she was short and old so I caught up without even trying.


And made eye contact again.


By this point she probably thought I wanted revenge. 


I really, really didn't and I hoped that we wouldn't be going the same way.



But of course we did. Because that is life...
It was the longest 5 minutes I have ever waited on a subway train during which she made a point to hiss and glare at me. 


My advice to you? If in a similar situation, just wait for the next train. 
My advice to short old ladies? I am out to get you. 

12 comments:

Timothy Chan said...

LOL!! that board with you not looking away.....that was too good LOL

Kid Atomic said...

Ha! Amazing!

Drew Petursson: said...

Wait wait wait, you didn't take your metro pass out of your pocket until you were standing in the turnstile? You're a monster! You robbed that women of seconds off her life.

Mike Zhang said...

About time aggy, haha these are awesome!

Nikolas Ilic said...

haha nice! agreed with tim...that board is jokes

Agnes Salek said...

Thanks guys! More of these on their way ;D

Drew: I know, I'm a horrible commuter, which is why I mostly bike everywhere now :d

Adam Temple said...

Oh the subway. I had a weird staring guy experience a couple weeks ago too.. Love the board!

Eddie West said...

Ah this is hilarious. i loled. fantiastic expressions!

Lawrence Lam said...

ahahaha...great story, and great storytelling with your boards! I feel for you, as I've been in a somewhat similar situation.

Jeremy Bondy said...

hahaha thats awesome, those short old ladies now have something to fear, you are batman to them... batman that never looks away

Aminder Dhaliwal said...

haha awesome!

don't even get me started on OLD people. siiiigh. just remember that one day in the very far future you'll get to do this to the younglings.

coNs Oroza said...

bahaha, great stuff. Some old ladies are insufferable!